Inno3D Announces the GTX 760 iChill HerculeZ 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO 2GB VRAM is just a bit 2012 now. AMD has been doing 3GB on similar spec boards for over a year. 3 (or 4) GB should be stock by now if you want your card to last more than a year or two - especially with the next gen consoles having effectively up to 8GB of VRAM available to the GPU (not that they would use all of it course, but as a theoretical maximum).

just another GTX760 with a stupid over sized unreliable cooler that allows the card to flex and kill its self after a year or two

who cares

nitrium take a look at ram size comparisons on graphics cards - 99% of the time the bigger memory = more latency = slower - take a look some time

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010

Why are you so concerned about VRAM when most games barely use up over 1GB at 1080p??

Albert Rampo

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
with that much space they using for cooling im sure they could come with a self contained water loop and be as cost effective as these enormous heatsinks ..you can get pumps 1" x 1" small and the rad could be half the size of the heat sink ....

Albert Rampo

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
with that much space they using for cooling im sure they could come with a self contained water loop and be as cost effective as these enormous heatsinks ..you can get pumps 1" x 1" small and the rad could be half the size of the heat sink ....

That is true for only CURRENT gen games. Not ports from the next-gen consoles as I clearly stated in my message. For example, Titan Fall will use 5 GB of VRAM. FIVE. So how do you want to run that on your 2GB GPU? Oh, right, by massively lowering the texture resolution. So like I said, if you want to play the upcoming next-gen games as intended (i.e. they look like their console counterparts), 2GB is simply no longer adequate.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I was half squinting when I first saw this picture in thumbnail form.
This was before I opened the article.
My brain half shutdown as it seriously blew up my depth perception like one of those checkerboard eye illusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS