Inno3D GeForce 6600 AGP8 256MB

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Hi all,
I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
AGP8 256MB.
http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html

I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
series AGP card I found.
It cost about 175 US$.
A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
US$
Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.

Any experience with this specific card ?
Is it worth the money ?

Thanks,
Tal

Tal fuchs wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
> AGP8 256MB.
> http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
>
> I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
> series AGP card I found.
> It cost about 175 US$.
> A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
> US$
> Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
>
> Any experience with this specific card ?
> Is it worth the money ?

Various hardware test sites insist that a 660GT car dcan be had for
$200. It is the recommended mid/high range card at the moment.

(www.sharkyextreme.com, www.anandtech.com, www.tomshardware.com).

regards,

Achtung Ecco