[SOLVED] Inno3d rtx 3070 x2 Overheating! Please help!

Apr 13, 2021
PC Specifications
I9-10850k
Gigabyte z490 UD
NZXT kraken AIO
Inno3d rtx 3070 x2 OC
Corsair - Rm750
16gb ram 3600mhz
500gb samsung 970 evo nvme m.2
Coolermaster masterbox
BENQ EX2780Q 1440p 144hz

I have 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans in my CPU, I see a temperature increase from as low as 45C to 85C within 3 minutes from the launch of the game and it reaches 85C without me even playing the game yet and if I leave the game in the background the the temp reaches 90C and then I even tried opening the case and checked the temp and it went down by 1C to 2C.
I went to the RMA center and got the graphics card replaced but the new replaced one reaches temp of 79-83C and stays there .
I'm not sure how the warranty works I dunno if they will let me switch the Inno3d card with another brand ?
I am confused can anybody help?

Solution
1) Try taking the side panel off to see how the temps perform are. You can even add a little floor fan blowing in to see if that helps.

2) Check your fan orientation. You will be surprised at times the pre-installed fans are blowing out when should be blowing in and vise versa, so you could be getting negative pressures inside the case causing poor air flow.

3) I would download INNO3D's TuneIt software and try over EVGA's Precision app. Their could be an issue with the program kicking in your fans when needed versus their own software. MSI Afterburners seems pretty compatible with all cards too.

You should be getting better temps. My EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra rarely breaks 70C after all day playing, so it is either a driver issue or...
I run 3 GPUs.

GTX 1060
GTX 1080
RTX 2080 Ti

They all peak at 83 and stay there under full load..

I think you may not have a problem.

Max temp spec on NVidia card is 93C.

As far as I can tell...Inno doesn't publish one.....but I would expect it to be similar.

Apr 13, 2021
I run 3 GPUs.

GTX 1060
GTX 1080
RTX 2080 Ti

They all peak at 83 and stay there under full load..

I think you may not have a problem.

Max temp spec on NVidia card is 93C.

As far as I can tell...Inno doesn't publish one.....but I would expect it to be similar.

Yes, but then I just launch the game and the GPU temp climbs to 91C even though i'm not playing it and the fans don't kick in even though the GPU reaches 51C and until I manually activate them using EVGA precision app.
For example, as soon as I launch FAR CRY 3 I keep checking the EVGA app and the temp reaches 91C under 5 minutes and the temp falls back to 45C as soon as I quit the game.

The INNO3d rtx 3070 GPU which i'm using currently is actually a replacement as its sill under warranty, I want to know if I can switch the brand of the GPU to a better one while its under warranty.

tecmo34

Administrator
1) Try taking the side panel off to see how the temps perform are. You can even add a little floor fan blowing in to see if that helps.

2) Check your fan orientation. You will be surprised at times the pre-installed fans are blowing out when should be blowing in and vise versa, so you could be getting negative pressures inside the case causing poor air flow.

3) I would download INNO3D's TuneIt software and try over EVGA's Precision app. Their could be an issue with the program kicking in your fans when needed versus their own software. MSI Afterburners seems pretty compatible with all cards too.

You should be getting better temps. My EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra rarely breaks 70C after all day playing, so it is either a driver issue or case air flow issue. With you seeing it on two cards, I don't think it is a card specific issue (but could be wrong).

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It may be an Inno3d problem with their coolers.

Apr 13, 2021

You should be getting better temps. My EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra rarely breaks 70C after all day playing, so it is either a driver issue or case air flow issue. With you seeing it on two cards, I don't think it is a card specific issue (but could be wrong).

I removed the side panel and tried running the game again in the background even then the temp went higher like before, placed a room cooler outside the case all I could see was 1C temp drop, installed INNO3d's tuneit app
and launched sniper ghost warrior 3 even then the temp went till 85C under 5mins of game launch. I just minimised the game and the temp went till 90C, I had to quit the game fearing that it might mess up the GPU.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
You have a good case, try to undervolt the gpu little bit. It helps with temps sometimes.

Apr 13, 2021
It may be an Inno3d problem with their coolers.

I guess I'll just have to get it replaced again and check its performance.
Will I be able to switch the brand from Inno3d to some other brand say ASUS or EVGA from the RMA center, while its still under warranty?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I removed the side panel and tried running the game again in the background even then the temp went higher like before, placed a room cooler outside the case all I could see was 1C temp drop, installed INNO3d's tuneit app
and launched sniper ghost warrior 3 even then the temp went till 85C under 5mins of game launch. I just minimised the game and the temp went till 90C, I had to quit the game fearing that it might mess up the GPU.
Yeah, that sounds like the cooler is the problem.

Will I be able to switch the brand from Inno3d to some other brand say ASUS or EVGA from the RMA center, while its still under warranty?
What's the store policy on it? The likes of Amazon wouldn't have a problem replacing that one with a different brand 3070 - if there were any in stock.
If the other model cost more, you'll have to pay that difference. If it costs less, they'll refund you that difference.

Apr 13, 2021
Yeah, that sounds like the cooler is the problem.

What's the store policy on it? The likes of Amazon wouldn't have a problem replacing that one with a different brand 3070 - if there were any in stock.
If the other model cost more, you'll have to pay that difference. If it costs less, they'll refund you that difference.

I bought this from a local retailer for my pc build and its under warranty that's why I'm not sure whether I can swap brands or not, anyway i'm visiting the RMA Center regarding this issue tomorrow, If they don't let me swap brands then I'm going to ask for a refund, Anyways I'll update the details in few hours.

Apr 13, 2021
You have a good case, try to undervolt the gpu little bit. It helps with temps sometimes.

Thanks for the help :) but I payed a lot for this inno3d 3070 , So don't you think it should perform better without the need for undervolting.

I bought this from a local retailer for my pc build and its under warranty that's why I'm not sure whether I can swap brands or not, anyway i'm visiting the RMA Center regarding this issue tomorrow, If they don't let me swap brands then I'm going to ask for a refund, Anyways I'll update the details in few hours.
Do not return the card unless you actually want a refund. You are unlikely to get a replacement card and instead be forced to take a refund if you RMA or return the card.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Apr 13, 2021
As the gpu market it realy sh*t, i would try and make it work because the chances are, you wont find another one any time soon

The place where we buy computer parts are filled stores selling GPU's of various brands but they charge 10-20% more than the MRP.
I want to make it work, but its frustrating to pay so much for a GPU and then you can't even play any games peacefully because of companies like iNNO3d.