Question Performance Issues/Lag Before and After New PC

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Had input lag for months, put down 2000 dollars for a new pc and I am getting the same input lag back. It is the most noticable in CS and is very inconsistent. It will be completely gone, or impossible to play on. I have an i7 9700k and RTX 2070 with 800w of power and 16gb of ram. Could it be my monitor? I'm completely loss, and my performance on both PC's seemed to be sub par in games.

Could it be a power outlet problem? Not supplying sufficient power to the pc?

Serinox

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Had input lag for months, put down 2000 dollars for a new pc and I am getting the same input lag back. It is the most noticable in CS and is very inconsistent. It will be completely gone, or impossible to play on. I have an i7 9700k and RTX 2070 with 800w of power and 16gb of ram. Could it be my monitor? I'm completely loss, and my performance on both PC's seemed to be sub par in games.

Could it be a power outlet problem? Not supplying sufficient power to the pc?

Yes it could be the monitor. For minimal input lag i would recommend a monitor with 144hz or more. What's your current monitor?

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Since you already have a 144hz monitor did you actually activate 144hz in windows and in the nvidia control panel? Running it in 60 hz might cause input lag.

The problem has to be related to the peripherals.
Yeah it's definitely 144hz. I bought a whole new monitor and it doesn't have as much if any input lag in it but I continue to get the same lag when trying to shoot people for fight them, makes it impossible to aim.

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Bump. Feeling is inconsistent and can feel better/worse. Also, in CS if I use a third party program to play like ESEA, it can feel worse than usual. Slight input is back with the stuttering.