Zalman T5, Tower
Intel® i3-7100
Thermaltake Hamburg 530W,
GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H,
BenQ GW2270H, LED-Monitor
Creative Live! Cam Chat HD, Webcam
Edimax EW-7811Un, WLAN-Adapter

Windows 10 64 bit

I build these components to a PC last week. After I started CSGO the first time, I realized that it felt horrible. I am not quite sure if it is an input lag yet or if it is just caused by low FPS. Yes sure, I have no dedicated GPU right now, but I want to buy one soon. I play CSGO in general on completley low settings because I mostly play competetive orientated. With that hardware i get around 80 to 130 fps constantley. But it just feels horrible, like I would use my mouse and keyboard under water with a slight lag. I am wondering now, why is that? Before I had an imac 21 5 inch from mid 2011, with a amd radeon 6750 hd, there it was totally different, it felt just as direct as it gets. My thoughts were at first that the monitor might be the problem,due to the 60 herz and 5ms reaction time. But a few friends also have just a standard monitor with 5ms and 60 herz, and there its different. I know that a integrated gpu is not optimal but can a framrate of an average of 80 to 120, cause these input lags? One friend of mine also said then, maybe its because of the fact the integrated gpu uses the DDR4 ram of course... but i just dont know what the problem is. Yet I still could return every single part of this pc and so I do not wanna end up, changing one piece after another for the next week to find the reason for that. So I thought I could ask you. My thoughts were towards the integrated GPU, actually I just hope this is the reason because I want to buy one soon anyway. But if thats not the reason, well then I dont know....

Hope you can help me.

Much love! :D

max

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Thx for the answer. But could you explain maybe, why that could caused be the integrated gpu then? What aspect of the discreet GPU will change that screen tearing and juttering, compared to the integrated Intel HD 630 of the i3 7100? Because I am just scared that actually 80 to 130 fps should be enough to play without lag or anything. Thx in advance!

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Yes Keyboard and mouse is in usb 3.0 but I tried it before with usb 2, its the same. Display port wire, you mean just the vga cable from the mointor? Or the slot for it on the mainboard? Anyway... why you now going towards these other things without explaining the background of your initial thought towards the gpu?

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
So you pretty much just guess that its the gpu which is causing the screen tearing and juttering, without knowing why or what is the difference from an integrated to a discreet, DUE to the described problem? Not that you do not know the difference of an integrated and discreet, but just due to the screen tearing and juttering. You said a discreet could solve it, why?

Islam Ghunym

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
have you solved this problem because I think I have the same on I3-8100 the same GPU but on I3, anyway I noticed that the GPU is trying to maintain frames around a specific number, for example you will see CS:GO fraems are always going around a desired number without reaching it like thsoe around 80 and those around 100 and clsoe to 120 FPS, if you noticed that these numbers are desired, intel is prety fool about this because it is worse than V-sync, I thought like you about the DDR4 problem but that was not the case because even a dual channel CL10 DDR4-2400 did nothing for that matter so the whole problem i think is bad drivers from intel, I am sure this company should not enter the world of GPUs, intel said that they are trying to make an adaptive sync support for their GPUs and I can see from now that they can't introduce a well made driver.

by the way, have you fixed your problem because I really need to know, thx in advance.

Jul 11, 2019
i have the same problem and i'm pretty sure that it's the igpu, my pc components are really good and i only need a gpu, the only solution that i've found is using some outdated drivers, still have some input lag but not as much as with other drivers, i'll be getting an nvidia gpu next week and i'll give you some news if i can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.