Question Input lag on Dual Monitor setup.

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,
I’m using a dual monitor setup to just ease up the work and the things i do like streaming and using discord and all while gaming.
But from what i observed, it was a slight input lag when i connected both my monitors. I play fortnite on a controller and i could feel the delay even when moving the right stick to aim. It felt odd. I tried disconnecting the 2nd monitor and it was back to normal. I’ve recently reinstalled graphics drivers using DDU.
The primary monitor which is used for gaming is Acer KG241 144hz monitor connected using a DP cable and the other is a Asus one(i forgot the model) 60hz 1ms (OC’d to 74hz)
So considering the hz difference should i avoid using the 2nd monitor at all?
Thank you for the help!
Pc specs:
CPU - i7 9700k
GPU -RTX 2060
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz (2*8GB)
Mobo - Gigabyte z390-M

Last edited:

white.a.drew

Respectable
Oct 14, 2017
Hello,
I’m using a dual monitor setup to just ease up the work and the things i do like streaming and using discord and all while gaming.
But from what i observed, it was a slight input lag when i connected both my monitors. I play fortnite on a controller and i could feel the delay even when moving the right stick to aim. It felt odd. I tried disconnecting the 2nd monitor and it was back to normal. I’ve recently reinstalled graphics drivers using DDU.
The primary monitor which is used for gaming is Acer KG241 144hz monitor connected using a DP cable and the other is a Asus one(i forgot the model) 60hz 1ms (OC’d to 74hz)
So considering the hz difference should i avoid using the 2nd monitor at all?
Thank you for the help!
Pc specs:
CPU - i7 9700k
GPU -RTX 2060
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz (2*8GB)
Mobo - Gigabyte z390-M
it has nothing to do with the hz difference however if you use shady cables they can cause issues this could help, with this
if your second monitor is hdmi

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
it has nothing to do with the hz difference however if you use shady cables they can cause issues this could help, with this
if your second monitor is hdmi
I dont know what shady means in cable,It came with my PS4 Pro I bought long ago and I have another one which came along with the 144Hz.
And these are a bit costly :/
+ i think they are for higher resolution
I mean my both monitors are at 1080p.
does that make a difference?

Also, I bought the DP from a local retailer. If it was shady it should give me problems in single monitor itself or is it not like that?
I'm confused.

white.a.drew

Respectable
Oct 14, 2017
I dont know what shady means in cable,It came with my PS4 Pro I bought long ago and I have another one which came along with the 144Hz.
And these are a bit costly :/
+ i think they are for higher resolution
I mean my both monitors are at 1080p.
does that make a difference?

Also, I bought the DP from a local retailer. If it was shady it should give me problems in single monitor itself or is it not like that?
I'm confused.
single monitor doesn't take much to display compared to separating to screens out and just because they came with high quality items doesn't mean the cables are sorry i was at work all day.

Malikboi_

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
single monitor doesn't take much to display compared to separating to screens out and just because they came with high quality items doesn't mean the cables are sorry i was at work all day.
So if i buy those High quality cables there would be no input lag then?
Because I dont wanna spend that much just on cables to turn out they are not working :/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS