[SOLVED] Input Lag on TV

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new TV.

Now I'm not looking for recommendations, but for which spec to look out for on the spec sheet.

I'd like to hook up my old MacBook to it and leave it there. I'm worried about input lag on mouse and keyboard responsivness as usually TV's don't offer an input lag section on their spec sheet.

My other TV is the LG 55UH615T and the input lag on that is very high. Almost unusable.

Solution
FYI you will need to put the TV into ‘Gaming’ or ‘PC’ mode to get the lowest input lag. This can reduce the input lag by 1/2-2/3 on some TV’s.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really sure what you mean. They often don't list the specification that you are looking for, so what is your question?

If you want a somewhat comprehensive review of TVs and input lag, I suggest rtings.com. They review many televisions in many categories and price ranges.

Not really sure what you mean. They often don't list the specification that you are looking for, so what is your question?

If you want a somewhat comprehensive review of TVs and input lag, I suggest rtings.com. They review many televisions in many categories and price ranges.

Yeah, I admit that was poorly explained.

Basically I want to buy a TV and I want to hook up my laptop on it. However, most TVs have input lag meaning that when I move the cursor on the laptop, it takes a second before it moves on the TV.

But you answered my question though. U said they don't often list this info, which is unfortunate. Basically I'll just have to carry my laptop to the TV retailer and test it live. I'll check your site too.