Question Input lag .... PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I have been getting really bad input lag in games recently, on my 60hz monitor. I got tired of it, so I decided to upgrade to a 144hz monitor, and the input lag is almost as bad. My FPS isn't the problem, as I get consistently above 144 fps, so that shouldn't be the problem. I've tried using 144 fps cap, and vsync, both of them just make the input lag worse. I've tried tons of different ways to fix these issues, none of them working... Please help, as this is making my games unplayable.

Is my graphics card the problem? if so, how can I fix it?

Also, the input lag doesn't only occur in games, it's very noticeable even when my PC is idle, and I move the mouse.

Last edited:

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I'm using razer keyboard and razer naga trinity mouse, wired... My mouse is plugged directly into my monitor and I dont have problems with it on other computers.

What are the complete hardware specs of this system? CPU, GPU, RAM, etc? And what resolution (and model number) is the screen?

Have you tried plugging the mouse directly into the back of the PC rather than the monitor? And have you tried a different mouse on the system? Does the delay seem to affect the keyboard input as well?

Also, did you download and install the drivers for your graphics card directly from Nvidia/AMD's web site?

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 Ghz
Ram - 8 GB
GPU - Geforce GTX 960
Acer XF270H B - 1920x1080

I've tried plugging the mouse in multiple different places, and nothing changes. The side of my keyboard, the back of my PC, and the monitor, are all places I've tried. I'm 99% sure my mouse isn't the problem because I've used it on my friend's computer with a monitor of 144 hz, and it was silky smooth. Other mice still have the input delay problem on this pc.

The keyboard is not affected by the delay, only the mouse.

When I first installed my graphics card, I downloaded the drivers directly from the nvidia site. Ever since then I've been updating using GeForce Experience.

Last edited:

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
Can this be a problem with my computer in general, or can other cables/parts be interfering with my mouse's connection causing the input lag? Even when I'm above 144 fps and when my PC is on idle I get the same input lag.

Do you have the latest version of the Razer Synapse 3 software installed for your mouse? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Synapse to see if there might be a problem with the installation?

Now that I think of it, there had been reports of some people experiencing mouse input lag when moving to Windows 10, so perhaps it's related to that. Looking online, I see various different ways people found to fix the issue, so I'm not sure which solution might be accurate, or if it might vary from one computer to the next. Some mentioned simply updating to the latest version of Windows fixed it. I see some others suggesting that going into the Windows "Mouse & Touchpad" options and turning off the "Scroll Inactive Window When I Hover Over It" setting did the trick. Someone else suggested disabling Cortana, though I don't see how that would affect mouse input.

Another thing to test would be to unplug all other USB devices and hubs aside from the mouse and keyboard, to see whether one of them might be interfering in some way.

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I just installed razer synapse 3 and messed with the settings a bit and nothing changed. My last windows update was yesterday, but apparently I have another one, so I'm going to try updating it and I will edit with the results. The methods of fixing my issue posted above, are some of the ways that I tried, and unfortunately did not work. The only cords I have plugged in are my keyboard, mouse and headphones. Unplugging the headphones and keyboard did nothing.

Could it be possible that the size of my new monitor is the problem? It's supposed to be a gaming monitor with 144hz and 1ms response time, but my mouse's lag is very noticeable and probably above 40ms+ of response time... I have no idea what is causing this issue. I know that bigger monitors / tvs can cause input lag, but is that the issue?

BTW even when I switch this monitor to 60hz the input lag is even worse..

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I tried updating windows and it did nothing.

For more information, I have noticed that the keyboard also has the same delay as the mouse movement. It's a consistent delay when I'm just browsing the internet or just moving it around on the desktop. As soon as I open fortnite, or any game at all, no matter my FPS, the input delay is ridiculously high. On my friend's pc, I've used this keyboard and mouse on it with no delay at all.

I have no idea what can be causing this issue, I only have three things plugged into my computer...

Can someone please give any suggestions, I'm completely lost at this point at what to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.