Input Lag, Sluggish feels, [PLEASE HELP!]

zCrimson

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Hello, I built my PC in September, 2018 and I have realized that for the most part the PC has been excellent but sometimes in games such as Fortnite and occasionally overwatch, I have experience some sort of framerate or lag issues. One day these games will run perfectly smooth, no issues, and some days they will feel slow, sluggish, input laggy, etc. I have an amazing PC and 99% of the time my FPS is hitting over 144 so I have no idea what could be causing this. It mostly happens in fortnite and I know the game isn't perfectly optimized but I don't understand the dynamic of performance. I have tried using XMP/Game Boost which sometimes helps. Also capping my FPS at 144 (to attempt to eliminate screen tearing) just causes the same effect almost like I have V-Sync on (Which I have turned off both in game and in my Nvidia settings). Anyways, if anyone has had a similar experience to on and off performance feel free to leave your suggestions below, thanks.

Specs: i7 8700K, GTX 1080 FTW2, 16 GB GSkill Ripjaw @ 3200, 2TB Seagate HD 250GB SSD

Ac2

Sep 13, 2019
Same issue with me. I am playing CS 1.6 on RTX 2070 :D. Some days i have no input lag and sone days the input lag is unfixable.
Tried
Router restart,
Computer restart
nvidia drivers clean reinstall

nothing helps. 😭