Question Input lag with Xbox Series X ?

Mar 1, 2022
Hi guys. I have a 1080p 1.4 HDMI 60hz monitor connected to my PC and my Xbox series S. When I play on PC it's all fine, but when I switch to my Xbox input lag becomes massive and games are almost unplayable. I tried game mode on my monitor but it was completely useless. Could it be the fact that I'm using a 2.1 HDMI cable connected to a 1.4 port, and this causes lag? Is there a way to resolve this problem without buying a new monitor (changing to a 1.4 cable,or messing with some settings)?

P.S. ALLM is greyed out on my Xbox, i think due to the fact that my monitor is 1.4 HDMI

D

Deleted member 14196

Yes it could definitely be the HDMI port you may need a newer port for these newer boxes.

How long is the cable? Make sure the cables not too long

Mar 1, 2022
Yes it could definitely be the HDMI port you may need a newer port for these newer boxes.

How long is the cable? Make sure the cables not too long
Ok. So, in order to reduce ALL the input lag, a 2.0 monitor can be good or a 2.1 is the only solution to reduce ALL the lag?

D

Deleted member 14196

My television that I use with my series X I believe is 2.0 and there’s no input lag at all so I’m sure you can get a decent 2.0 monitor that works fine although I would not know which ones to specify so you should wait for others to help

Mar 1, 2022
My television that I use with my series X I believe is 2.0 and there’s no input lag at all so I’m sure you can get a decent 2.0 monitor that works fine although I would not know which ones to specify so you should wait for others to help
K, thx, I'll wait for others to recommend

Mar 1, 2022
Sorry another question, is the ALLM greyed out in your graphic settings or not?

Only hdmi 2.1 on a 4K HDR10 monitor/TV can support all the features a Series X/S offers, those not supported will have a red cross against them.

Have you tried the XBox on the HDMI port used by the PC? I don’t see why the XBox would have higher input lag than a pc using the same port. I’m wondering if game mode is only supported on one port.

Mar 1, 2022
Only hdmi 2.1 on a 4K HDR10 monitor/TV can support all the features a Series X/S offers, those not supported will have a red cross against them.

Have you tried the XBox on the HDMI port used by the PC? I don’t see why the XBox would have higher input lag than a pc using the same port. I’m wondering if game mode is only supported on one port.
Yes, tried, the Xbox is the only thing that has input lag, and game mode is useless

Jun 20, 2022
Have
Hi guys. I have a 1080p 1.4 HDMI 60hz monitor connected to my PC and my Xbox series S. When I play on PC it's all fine, but when I switch to my Xbox input lag becomes massive and games are almost unplayable. I tried game mode on my monitor but it was completely useless. Could it be the fact that I'm using a 2.1 HDMI cable connected to a 1.4 port, and this causes lag? Is there a way to resolve this problem without buying a new monitor (changing to a 1.4 cable,or messing with some settings)?

P.S. ALLM is greyed out on my Xbox, i think due to the fact that my monitor

P.S. ALLM is greyed out on my Xbox, i think due to the fact that my monitor
:LOL:have you fixed this? Did trying a different monitor help?