[SOLVED] "Input Not Supported" on Acer AL1512 ?

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
This is quite infuriating. Just earlier today I was playing Valorant on fullscreen mode on a stretched resolution of 1290 x 960 (4:3) on my Nvision 20" 1600 x 900 (16:9, HDMI, Primary) monitor. Now, it's always been buggy. When Alt-Tabbing it makes my Valorant either crash or switch to my 2nd monitor the Acer AL1512 15" 1280 x 1024 (5:4, VGA, Secondary) monitor. Now, switching back to my main monitor is a bit tricky when going into Valorants settings because its buggy and the cursur is misaligned. So instead of going through Valorant's settings, I simply unplug the VGA, wait for it to go back to my main display and replug it. But, this time, I get "Input Not Supported". Here are the extra details:
  • Windows detects the display (it's recognized in my Windows settings, Nvidia Control Panel, Valorant settings, etc.)
  • Upon booting, I can see the ASUS logo of my mobo, I can access my UEFI settings through the Acer monitor and I can see the Windows logo and loading circle. It is only up until the Windows sign-in screen where it says Input Not Support and I can log into Windows on my main monitor.
Here are the solutions I tried (https://techmaina.com/input-not-supported-on-monitor/):
  • Replugging the VGA cable on both sides doesn't work, I still get the Windows sound cue when it detects a new device.
  • Yes, the VGA cable is working fine, no bent pins and I tested it with a completely separate monitor.
  • Enabling "Video Base" in msconfig and restarting didn't work so I disabled it again.
  • Changing the screen's resolution and refresh rate didn't do anything. It asks to confirm or revert the changes but it still just displays "input Not Support" (and besides it was unchanged since the problem occured).
  • Uninstalling the "Generic PnP Monitor" adapters and restarting didn't do it.
  • Switching the display from my primary to the secondary in Valorant gets buggy. When I do it it switcheds displays but I can only see it when I hold my Alt-Tab since I can't move my cursor into the secondary. To get Valorant back on my primary I unplug the VGA cable again.
  • I uninstalled my GPU drivers while NVCleaninstall was copying the files for the new drivers. Got a little buggy and when I performed a clean install it failed, but when it did fail by default it went on the secondary monitor meaning it works and I performed another clean install from there. Installed and restarted, alas still didn't fix the problem.
  • Turning the monitor on and off.
  • Restarting my system.
I haven't tried:
Here are my PC specs:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • Asus PRIME B450M A-ii
  • APACER 1x16 Panther DDR4 3200MHZ
  • Colorful GT 1030
  • Kinston A2000 (M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 250GB | OS)
  • Seagate BarraCuda 2.5" (1TB)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise (Version: 21H1)
Anyone with the solution out there? I know it's quite the old monitor, but 2 of them is always better than one for productivity, not to mention I've been using this monitor since 2020. I believe I've had this problem once recently but I think all I did to fix it was to restart my system. Right now, I have no clue what to do.

Solution
Ok this was weird. Spent a good amount of time on this and reloaded this thread every once in a while today. Nonetheless, my problem has fixed itself and everything is back to normal as my secondary monitor is working again. I went out of the house so I shut off the PC for a couple hours. Now I'm back and all is good.

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
Ok this was weird. Spent a good amount of time on this and reloaded this thread every once in a while today. Nonetheless, my problem has fixed itself and everything is back to normal as my secondary monitor is working again. I went out of the house so I shut off the PC for a couple hours. Now I'm back and all is good.

Solution