Input not Supported ???

Sanyh

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hi, i've been having a problem for a few games where when i go to start them up my screen goes black and a small box saying INPUT NOT SUPPORTED floats around the screen tauntingly. To make things worse i can hear the game running in the background.
plz help

Solution
The screen resolution you play games are not supported, before the game launches, try lower game resolution in option.
What is your monitor and computer specs

chaos7692

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I am having a similar problem, to go into more detail... Some games, like Prototype and Crysis 2, start up, and my monitor shows a black screen with "input not supported" floating around. The game has loaded and audio works fine. Most advice i see from googling, says that the game is loading with a resolution or refresh rate that my monitor does not support. I have been able to open both of these games in windowed mode and verified that the screen resolution matches my native resolution of 1920x1080. My monitor shows supported refresh rates of 75, 72, 70, 67, 60, 59, 56, 50, 30 and so on. When i try to use some of those refresh rates, only certain resolutions are allowed, but no matter, the standard should be 60, right? I have managed to get Crysis 2 working by opening it in windowed mode then switching to full screen in game, but Prototype has no such option, i force windowed mode using a shortcut target switch. This has happened previously on other games as well, I always have to find a workaround. The problem has come up with onboard graphics as well as expansion card and 2 different drivers for my vid card. Please help.

System specs:
Monitor: AOC E2752V
Video Card: Sapphire 7970 3g ghz edition - latest drivers
CPU: Intel I7 3770K
Motherboard: ASRock z77 oc formula
Ram: dont remember exactly DDR3 2400 16GB
PSU: EVGA supernova 1300w G2