Question Input not supported

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
So I've just finished assembling my first PC, everything appears to be correct except when I power it on I get a message on my monitor saying "Input not supported". What could I have possibly done wrong? I am using the MSI B450M Bazooka V2 motherboard with the AMD RYZEN 5 2400G processor with the integrated GPU.

Plz Hlp

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
Thank you for helping,
I'm using Acer LED 1920x1080 FHD, no conversion cable just standard HDMI. I am getting no beeps and I believe everything is booting normal but this is my first build. None of the EZ Debug LEDs are lit up.

Jun 11, 2019
Dumb question, is the correct input selected on the monitor? Do you have another monitor you can try, or different HDMI cable?

If it's turning on and there are no beeps or lit LEDs that is a good sign. usually

PS Don't post the same thing in multiple threads, if it turns out it's in the wrong section the thread can be moved.

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
Dumb question, is the correct input selected on the monitor? Do you have another monitor you can try, or different HDMI cable?

If it's turning on and there are no beeps or lit LEDs that is a good sign. usually

PS Don't post the same thing in multiple threads, if it turns out it's in the wrong section the thread can be moved.

Yeah I'm on the correct input, I do not have a different monitor other than a TV screen. Just tried with another HDMI cable and nothing changed.

Sorry about multi posting, I was just looking for help as soon as I could. I tried a different forum all together with no reply.

Jun 11, 2019
It appears there's a signal. Does it immediately say 'Input not supported' or does it show anything at all on the screen?

Can you try with the TV? I think it may be an issue with the monitor. (rather than your other hardware)

Another option would be to use a DVI cable if you have one.

Edit: What is the model number on your monitor?

Last edited:

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
I got something with the TV.
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key"

It's a brand new monitor, so I don't think it should be an issue, the model number is Acer S271HL.

I don't have a DVI cable handy but I was thinking of running to Walmart real quick to grab one.

Jun 11, 2019
Well, that's something! Grats on the first build.

Honestly I don't know if the DVI cable will work, but at this point I would try it and get in touch with support from Acer.

If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to share :)