Question Input Not Supported

Dec 4, 2020
Hello, I just built my first computer and I am getting Input Signal Not Supported.

Build:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
  • 2x 16 GBs RipJaws 3200MHz
  • Sapphire 5600XT
  • SeaSide 650W 80+ Gold
  • SamSung 970 EVO Plus
  • Barracuda 2 TB

Despite my MotherBoard having the sticker saying that it supports Ryzen 3rd generation, I flashed the bios with the latest update (followed the correct procedure: wait for the red indicator to stop flashing and the reboot). Right now, when I boot up the PC (with everything installed), all the fans are working (standalones, cpu cooler & gpu fans). Also, none of the EZ debug leds are showing red and the mother board logo is light. Something to note is that when I plug in the first HDMI port from my GPU it says signal not supported and when I try the second one it says no signal.

Any advice is more than welcome!

PS: I am new to this forum, so I do apologize if this is the wrong section for this kind of post.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm assuming you meant to put Seasonic in the PSU category as opposed to using Seaside there. No problems. What is the model for the unit? Focus Gold?

Power down the system, disconnect from the wall and then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace the battery and then power up with only one stick of ram placed in slot A2. Out of curiosity, which BIOS version were you on to begin with? Did you jump to the latest BIOS version? + Yes, the board was good to go out of the box, sans any BIOS updates.

Dec 4, 2020

I'm assuming you meant to put Seasonic in the PSU category as opposed to using Seaside there. No problems. What is the model for the unit? Focus Gold?

Power down the system, disconnect from the wall and then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace the battery and then power up with only one stick of ram placed in slot A2. Out of curiosity, which BIOS version were you on to begin with? Did you jump to the latest BIOS version? + Yes, the board was good to go out of the box, sans any BIOS updates.

Hello, thanks for welcoming me :)

Yes excuse me, my power supply is a Seaside Focus Gold 80+ 650W.

As a side note, the first time I powered the PC i had not updated the BIOS and got the same Input Not Supported message. Furthermore, Yes I updated to the latest version of my BIOS. I flashed the latest version from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX
Which translates to version 7B86vHA .

Sadly, I have no clue what BIOS version I was on right out of the box since I have yet to see anything on my monitor. Honestly I could be in the BIOS every time I boot, but I get no signal so I am not sure.

I will do the battery and RAM procedure right now, will report back soon. Thanks for the help!

Dec 4, 2020

Alright, I did the CMOS battery procedure.

Now for the RAM I did both my sticks each one at a time in the A2 slot;
On the first one, the BOOT led indicator is bright red. On the second one, all the indicators are off.
Sadly both times I got Input Not Supported.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
Just to be sure : you plugged your monitor into one of the 5600xt outputs, right ? not the motherboard output ?

also, try to use another output on the 5600xt.
do you have another monitor or GPU available for testing ?

Dec 4, 2020
Just to be sure : you plugged your monitor into one of the 5600xt outputs, right ? not the motherboard output ?

also, try to use another output on the 5600xt.
do you have another monitor or GPU available for testing ?

Yes, I plugged it into my GPU's outputs. One reads No Signal and the other Input Not Supported.
As for the monitor, I have tested it prior and it works.

TRENDING THREADS