Specs:
I5 4670k @ stock
Asrock z87 extreme 4
2x4 GB ddr3 1333 MHz
Seasonic s12ii
LG IPS234.
No discreet graphics card.

Back story:
PC is on the floor. Monitor is on a small desk, but the cables are on the floor behind the PC.
Huge rain, water dripping and eventually flows around the PC. The power adapter of the monitor got wet. As far as i can see, no water gets into the PC itself.
Immediately pull the cables from wall socket and evacuate the system to a dry room. Cleaned everything and dried the power adapter.

Turned on the PC, boots fine, but artifacts shows up like radiation noise in Metro Exodus. After 1 hour the display turned into green, white, and black lines.
Shut down, then power back on. Now there is no display.

Suspects:
  1. Monitor. But the monitor displays "please connect cable" thingy when disconnected from the PC. And it recognize it when i plug the DVI cable back.
  2. Power adapter. Since it got wet, i suspect water has seeped into it. But if so, then it shouldn't display anything, right?
  3. BIOS. But debug LED says "ab" which means it is in BIOS and waiting for input. So it should be working. (i have unplugged the HDD for this troubleshooting)
  4. North bridge. I don't know. This is my wild guess.
Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: apparently the culprit is the DVI cable. My PC is working now, but who knows what will happen next.

Last edited: