[SOLVED] "input signal out of range"

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi! I recently encountered a problem while launching kingdom come deliverance wherein every time I launch the game, the monitor proceeds to a standby mode-like state then display "input signal out of range switch to 1366x768 resolution" even though my display settings are 1366x768. This problem never occurred to me before.

PC Specs:

Gtx 1070
R5 3600x
16gb ram

Solution
There is still quite a bit you can do.

Windows 10? Try running the built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Another option is "sfc /scannow"

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

The next step would be reinstalling the GPU drivers via the manufacturer's website.

If no change then try, as best you can, to swap components.

Any other known working video cables that you can swap in? Maybe borrow from another computer or via family and friends. ( Quarantines and social distancing permitting....)

Does the computer's motherboard and CPU support integrated graphics (iGPU)? If so, try using the motherboard's video ports instead of...

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model monitor?

What is the monitor's current resolution set at? It appears that the monitor is no longer is set at 1366x768.

Menus?

The GPU may be at 1366x768 - one or the other is different if am I am correctly understanding the problem description.

Connectivity: DVI, HDMI, DP?

Are the Gtx 1070 drivers up to date?

Even if so, consider downloading via the manufacturer's website, reinstalling, and reconfiguring.

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Make and model monitor?

What is the monitor's current resolution set at? It appears that the monitor is no longer is set at 1366x768.

Menus?

The GPU may be at 1366x768 - one or the other is different if am I am correctly understanding the problem description.

Connectivity: DVI, HDMI, DP?

Are the Gtx 1070 drivers up to date?

Even if so, consider downloading via the manufacturer's website, reinstalling, and reconfiguring.

Thank you so much for the reply! I am currently using an HP LV1911 monitor temporarily and would be planning to buy a new monitor after the quarantine. My monitor's resolution is currently set at 1366x768 when I checked its settings. In addition, it has a VGA connectivity and was converted to HDMi via adapter. I've already checked the system display settings which is also using 1366x768(Recommended) setting.

Ralston18

Titan
There is still quite a bit you can do.

Windows 10? Try running the built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Another option is "sfc /scannow"

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

The next step would be reinstalling the GPU drivers via the manufacturer's website.

If no change then try, as best you can, to swap components.

Any other known working video cables that you can swap in? Maybe borrow from another computer or via family and friends. ( Quarantines and social distancing permitting....)

Does the computer's motherboard and CPU support integrated graphics (iGPU)? If so, try using the motherboard's video ports instead of the GTX 1070.

Use another known working monitor (or even a TV that supports computer input).

Try the current monitor on another known working computer. Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with your computer.

Lastly consider the VGA to HDMI adapter. Such products are often cheaply made and can fail. Do a visual inspection of the pins and ports. Look for signs of damage or debris.

Key is to identify directly or by elimination the source of the problem.

Solution