input switch problems

kluchgts

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
the setup
left monitor: asus vs247h-p (normal led monitor)
right monitor: asus ve248h (^ with speakers)
switch: kinivo 501bn -- connects dvi plug from pc + hdmi from xbox one into the right monitor with speakers
*the dvi plug is converted to hdmi then into the switch

the problem
everytime i switch back to my pc display(from xbox one display) everything including my locked taskbar moves to the right screen, which moves all my programs on desktop and resizes all my opened programs. i talked to kinivo and they said this is a windows problem, is there anyway i can fix this?

update: whenever i switch to my xbox one it moves all my programs to the left monitor, then to the right when i switch back

Solution
your windows is setup for dual monitors, if you go to display properties you will see screen 1 and 2. when you switch one display to the xbox the configuration changes. window no longer sees the second display and goes into single display mode, its like physically unplugging one of the monitors. everything gets rearranged for single display.

you can use a third party program to manage and remember you screen settings, windows is not going to do it.

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
your windows is setup for dual monitors, if you go to display properties you will see screen 1 and 2. when you switch one display to the xbox the configuration changes. window no longer sees the second display and goes into single display mode, its like physically unplugging one of the monitors. everything gets rearranged for single display.

you can use a third party program to manage and remember you screen settings, windows is not going to do it.

Solution