Question Inputs sticking or being ignored in games.

Aug 12, 2021
Hello, I'm an absolute novice when it comes to computers, and am in desperate need of knowledge I dont know that I dont know. When I'm typing in searches or on websites, my laptop works fine, but when I open games and try to move with wsad, my inputs stick (as in I keep walking left when I let go) or don't register (I'm standing still, press jump, and don't jump). I'm on an hp ryzen 3 on which ive replaced the ram with a single stick of 8gb, everything else is factory. Any advice would be appreciated, I have no clue what I'm doing.

check in Device Manager for any "unknown" or other flagged devices.
especially under the "Keyboards" & "Mice and other pointing devices" sections.

if any stand out you can attempt to update their drivers through their Properties selection,
you can uninstall them and hope they get auto-installed again correctly upon restart,
or you can search Dell's support page for your device for the specific drivers to install.

i would go with the latter.

Reactions: CAGro
Oct 26, 2021
have the same problem with a 7700k but i got another problem my mouse gets stuck sometimes when i move and ads to some side than it´s like ist blocked till the mouse stands still till im moving to another direction . some how i have no solution! checked everything from drivers to input lag advices, to burn in test even a usb tester tool doesent show anything

Oct 26, 2021
all mice on this system or just a specific one?
if a specific one, try it on a another system and test if it is just a faulty mouse.
no it doesnt matter which mice and which usb port i testet different mices
got problem with the keyboard aswell in bf2042 it drives me nuts but i onbly have a 7700k and its around 100% ussage all the time

do you have the latest drivers available from the manufacturer installed, specifically any updated USB drivers?
also make sure you have the latest BIOS offered. many times known hardware issues are corrected through these updates.

have you also asked for help from manufacturer support?
also check their forums. if it's a known issue usually fixes are posted.