[SOLVED] Insalling windows with two NVME drives help pls

JJ2012

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hi

This is my first build so learning as I go.

I have bought two nvme drives a Samsung 970 plus and a Samsung 970. I've installed them on my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII 570x motherboard. When I go to put Windows 10 on how will I know which one is the plus as that is where I'd like Windows to be installed? I know I have to leave any other drives disconnected until after installing windows but, dont know how to do it with 2 x nvme installed.

Solution
Hi

I have bought two nvme drives a Samsung 970 plus and a Samsung 970. I've installed them on my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII 570x motherboard. When I go to put Windows 10 on how will I know which one is the plus as that is where I'd like Windows to be installed? I know I have to leave any other drives disconnected until after installing windows but, dont know how to do it with 2 x nvme installed.
You absolutely need to have only ONE drive connected when you do this install.
This includes any NVMe drives.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi

You absolutely need to have only ONE drive connected when you do this install.
This includes any NVMe drives.

Solution