Insane annoying lagg 1060 3GB

jerfop12

Commendable
Dec 16, 2017
Hello everyone!

I got this problem for months and its really annoying..
Well i play mainly Fortnite, sometimes bo4 & overwatch.

When i play Fortnite i get most of the times 120 FPS (I capped it on 120, any other cap feels bad/not smooth, delayed etc.)

Sometimes i go under 120 FPS thats mainly in build battles, or busy places, you know the deal.

So basically that will mean that most of the time i wont go below 85 FPS (99.9% of the times), which should be feeling okay right? But nope, for me its feels like 35 FPS, stuttery, micro-stuttering basically a mix of annoying lagg.

I've had a 60 hz monitor for a while and had it already, i bought a 144hz to see if it helped, no.
I tried pretty much anything, resetting pc, de-assembling, re-assembling etc etc, im literally clueless.

My system:
GPU: 1060 3GB
CPU: I7 7700
RAM: 16GB (4x4) (Added 8 to see if it would get fixed, same RAM)
MOBO: B250 PC Mate
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 LED Evo
STORAGE: 1 SSD, 128 GB (25+ GB Free all time, HDD is broken atm, dont need it)
PSU: Seasonic 520w (replaced this too not long ago)

This problem is insanely annoying, i hope any of you have a clue of what is going on, i literally can't play with this.

Solution
Possibly the game settings relating to textures are set too high, resulting in maxing out the 3GB of VRAM (causing system to swap VRAM and basically get itself in a knot). I would monitor the GPU's VRAM usage and try lowering the texture settings on each game to see if it helps.
Possibly the game settings relating to textures are set too high, resulting in maxing out the 3GB of VRAM (causing system to swap VRAM and basically get itself in a knot). I would monitor the GPU's VRAM usage and try lowering the texture settings on each game to see if it helps.

Solution

jerfop12

Commendable
Dec 16, 2017
Hey,

Thanks for your reply, but no.
Tried already.

I play everything on low, so for sure black ops too (i dont even play it anymore), its mainly about fortnite, fortnite i play everything on low/medium, my GPU under 50%

Greetings,