[SOLVED] Insane load up time after installing 3900 x

Jul 14, 2020
Replaced my Ryzen 7 1700 with the Ryzen 9 3900x and I couldn’t believe how long it took to boot up. I restarted it and it’s happening again, it’s crazy. It still hasn’t booted up! And to make matters weirder, it was pushing 4.2 GHz without OC, and 3.8 GHz with OC!

I did a BIOS update and everything.

Any ideas?

My system:
GTX 1070 Ti
Ryzen 9 3900x
16 GB Vengeance LPX RAM
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming-5 Motherboard
Three 500+ solid state drives
750 watt PSU

Solution
No it’s the Aorus (motherboard) screen
Yeah but usually the Windows loading icon just comes over the motherboard splash screen(the specific name for what you are calling the Aorus screen), don't bother with the blue background in the gif, just the loading icon itself should be the same. Usually motherboard splash screens don't have a loading indicator, they're just a static image. The Windows loading icon comes over that splash screen. Is yours different? If possible, try to make a video of your entire boot process and upload it here. That'll help out a lot. Also, try running a health check on your storage drives.
Jul 14, 2020
Does the computer feel otherwise slower? And which part of the boot up is taking longer than before - the part that comes before the Windows loading icon or the Windows loading itself? Try resetting your BIOS to default settings.

I appreciate the quick response! I mean, it kind of does. At least some things, like when I was messing with the RGB Fusion app it was lagging a bit. Other things seemed a bit laggy. But other times it was all pretty fast.
It gets stuck on the Aorus screen with a circular loading symbol. Sorry not sure where it falls in the order of things. And it seems my BIOS was reset, at least that’s what I was notified when I went into it.

Is this what the circular loading symbol looks like? If this is what it get stuck on, then maybe it's your storage that's actually weirding out. I would suggest you do a reinstall of Windows, since you've changed a core component it might be what's making everything freak out a little bit.
windows-8-busy-loader-in-pure-css.gif

Jul 14, 2020
Is this what the circular loading symbol looks like? If this is what it get stuck on, then maybe it's your storage that's actually weirding out. I would suggest you do a reinstall of Windows, since you've changed a core component it might be what's making everything freak out a little bit.
windows-8-busy-loader-in-pure-css.gif
No it’s the Aorus (motherboard) screen. It eventually gets in, I’m hoping it’s short lived? Sometimes computers work out the kinks. But maybe not.. I really don’t want to reinstall windows haha I have 1250 gb total in SSDs

No it’s the Aorus (motherboard) screen
Yeah but usually the Windows loading icon just comes over the motherboard splash screen(the specific name for what you are calling the Aorus screen), don't bother with the blue background in the gif, just the loading icon itself should be the same. Usually motherboard splash screens don't have a loading indicator, they're just a static image. The Windows loading icon comes over that splash screen. Is yours different? If possible, try to make a video of your entire boot process and upload it here. That'll help out a lot. Also, try running a health check on your storage drives.

Solution
Replaced my Ryzen 7 1700 with the Ryzen 9 3900x and I couldn’t believe how long it took to boot up. I restarted it and it’s happening again, it’s crazy. It still hasn’t booted up! And to make matters weirder, it was pushing 4.2 GHz without OC, and 3.8 GHz with OC!

I did a BIOS update and everything.

Any ideas?

My system:
GTX 1070 Ti
Ryzen 9 3900x
16 GB Vengeance LPX RAM
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming-5 Motherboard
Three 500+ solid state drives
750 watt PSU

Did you update your BIOS before installing the 3900x?

Is that boards VRM going to handle the 3900x?