• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Insane transient problem with Apple wired keyboard on PC: keys stop working at intervals

Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My Win10 PC has an Apple aluminum keyboard. The device is correctly identified as a HID keyboard.

At times, certain keys in a line stop working. For instance, pressing any key on the line "5thn" will not produce any character. Rebooting the PC may fix the problem immefiately; sometimes it'll last for a day or boot, reboots or not.
I have used this keyboard with many versions of windows, and many different hardware combinations, and the problem has always been there - only being transient, it's difficult to understand how it all started.

I've read that the problem exists on Macs as well, but on Macs it seems like it's a SW issue. On PCs however....???

Any idea?
Thanks a lot!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS