Insanely Corrupted USB

May 15, 2018
So I discovered this USB after a long time. It's an hp v220w. When I had Windows 10 as my primary OS, the moment I stuck the USB inside the port, my PC always freezes. And interestingly, the moment I remove it, my PC worked perfectly. I used diskpart listdisk to format it, but, the freeze issue came up again. And when I removed it, listdisk worked. So now I've switched to Ubuntu, and I tried to fix it again. But no luck. However, I discovered something. When I used the lsblk command in the terminal, my UDB actually got listed. But...how can I explain, well, here's a screenshot:
https://imgur.com/JRgHHHW
It doesn't have a MOUNTPOINT. Anyone who can help fix this little thing?

Solution
I have a flash drive at home that does the same thing. No matter which usb port I plug it into(or even which computer), it instantly causes the computer to freeze up. Once the stick is removed, the computer works fine again. I've tried plugging it into my primary laptop and both of my desktops(same issue happens with all 3 systems).
Come to think of it though, I have not tried to plug it into my Macbook Pro yet(doubt it will make a difference though).. pretty sure the flash drive has gone bad.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I have a flash drive at home that does the same thing. No matter which usb port I plug it into(or even which computer), it instantly causes the computer to freeze up. Once the stick is removed, the computer works fine again. I've tried plugging it into my primary laptop and both of my desktops(same issue happens with all 3 systems).
Come to think of it though, I have not tried to plug it into my Macbook Pro yet(doubt it will make a difference though).. pretty sure the flash drive has gone bad.

Solution
Careful with playing too much with a faulty USB drive, an overcurrent surge on a USB port can cook the motherboard and it's not very rare for that to happen.

If you are having issues with it, especially if it's locking up the computer, better to just toss it. They are cheap to replace. Motherboards not so much.