wam98674

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
So I've been on a wild goose chase for like two weeks now and I need help. What first got my attention was a random shutdown issue. The only message in event viewer was a 41 kernel power, so I popped open HW monitor and noticed my cpu was undervolting. I5-9600k was running 1.1 volts, so I did homework and learned my motherboard (gigabyte z390 UD) had an update to fix that issue. My restart issue never got fixed, and during this I learned my cpu was overheating... My motherboard by default had overheat warnings turned off, so it never notified me if anything was wrong.

I later learned my psu was the culprit for my shutdowns. I got my friend to sell me a working psu, and shutdowns are fixed. Everything appears fine... Until I get into a game. Almost every game I play now has a stutter, and I noticed my cpu doing this (see picture) and every little spike it lags a bit. I took this picture with absolutely nothing running in the background.

Another thing worth nothing, nothing is OC'd because absolutely ANY OC at all crashes my rig, even with the new psu.

Literally everything has been replaced in the past week except the cpu, mobo, gpu, and hdd and everything is up to date as well as a memcheck for the ram. Also, I have an RX 590, but when I benchmark my rig it benchmarks in the 570 range in pretty much every benchmark you can imagine.

Something isn't right... And it's not an overheat anymore. My cpu now barely hits 50C under load. What's going on, could it even be a bad mobo because my psu went out? And why can't I overclock anything? This install of windows is also only about a month old...

Ti9LOym.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information, considering how this is a thread of troubleshooting nature. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Include the BIOS version you're currently on and which version of Windows 10 you're also on.