Insanly high CPU and MOBO temperatures while gaming.

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Okay. Yesterday I bought a new PC, set it all up. ASUS Z170-A, 970 and i7 6700. Now my idle temps are around 30-40 with the stock cooler. But when I try to game... I open up CS:GO boom 250 fps. My temps of both the CPU and the MOBO skyrocket to 80-90... I try Rust. Same shit. Wtf?

Solution
30-40 idle is both a high range and s little high. It suggests that the CPU cooler needs to be installed better, either better thermal paste or better mounting on the motherboard. It is also possible that your airflow into or in your case needs to be better (Or you live in a tent in the Sahara in the summer)

The high temps under load STRONGLY suggest a problem with your CPU cooler mounting. (Or you placed your system in a box with no airflow)
30-40 idle is both a high range and s little high. It suggests that the CPU cooler needs to be installed better, either better thermal paste or better mounting on the motherboard. It is also possible that your airflow into or in your case needs to be better (Or you live in a tent in the Sahara in the summer)

The high temps under load STRONGLY suggest a problem with your CPU cooler mounting. (Or you placed your system in a box with no airflow)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS