Insecticide spray and computer.

gustavo.mazuco

Commendable
Aug 31, 2017
Hello, everyone!

So i bought one of those insecticide sprays because i'm having some problems with bugs here in my house and want to prevent them but i wanted to ask if the insecticide could damage or cause any corrosion or anything in my computer or any electronics in the room?

Solution
i would suggest NOT to use bug spray anywhere near your computer or air cooled anything.

the spray is designed to be 'sticky' like a post-it note ... so it glues to the bug which then dies as its absorbed into itself. the word is 'sticky' anything sticky means it sticks dust and itself creating a film of gunk over time.
this will lead to overheating. - basically the same as smoking at your computer .. the nicotine will build up over a year or 2 (less if you smoke heavily) and is very hard to clean off entirely.

but yes, check the label to see what its made of. use as little as possible if you still intend to insecticide your rooms without moving your computer. you can check how 'sticky' the spray is by holding it 2 inches away...
Who knows all depends whats in the ingrediants, saying that, computers in the call centre I work in don't seem to get bothered when the place is zapped for fleas and dustmites etc.

If your worried, take out the equipment, treat your room, put them back next day once anything in the air has settled.

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
i would suggest NOT to use bug spray anywhere near your computer or air cooled anything.

the spray is designed to be 'sticky' like a post-it note ... so it glues to the bug which then dies as its absorbed into itself. the word is 'sticky' anything sticky means it sticks dust and itself creating a film of gunk over time.
this will lead to overheating. - basically the same as smoking at your computer .. the nicotine will build up over a year or 2 (less if you smoke heavily) and is very hard to clean off entirely.

but yes, check the label to see what its made of. use as little as possible if you still intend to insecticide your rooms without moving your computer. you can check how 'sticky' the spray is by holding it 2 inches away from a non-absorbing object (window / marble tabletop / etc), press briefly (a second), wait a minute, WEARING rubber glove, poke the residue and if it still sticky after a minute i would suggest removing any air-cooled electronics (computer)

Solution