Question inserting 2 similar memory sticks

May 5, 2019
Hello, i currently have this ram in my pc | Kingston HyperX Savage XMP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000MHz HX430C15SBK2/8 | but that one is not selling anywhere right now and i probably wont find the same one...
I found this one | Kingston 2 x 4GB DDR4 HyperX PREDATOR Black 3000MHz HX430C15PB3K2/8 |
will this affect performance of ram and is this even good to do , I've found threads about similar problems but most of the opinions and answers are mixed and most of them were using completely different sticks, this ones are similar to each other so if anyone has idea or any help it would be appreciated

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
They should work. 2 different sets or ram seem to have pretty random results. Like you said, some people say it needs to be the same amount, speed or technology. I'm not 100% sure but in reality it really should work and you can always return it.

Reactions: kojaa
May 5, 2019
Again mixed answers, which i expected. The problem with returning ram @momowicket is that im buying pc parts in other country because its much cheaper and they have more warranty on their products so that wont work for me unfortunately. So i guess since i got 3 more years of warranty on the current kit i will try selling it and buy the 2x8 of the same one.

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
The answers are really unclear for this topic beause of all the random variables that contribute to it working or not, sorry I couldn't help. Something you could do is straight up buy the 16gb then try adding your 8gb if it works, great you have 24gb of ram, if not, sell it or keep it as a spare.

Reactions: kojaa