Insider preview build get expired and laptop won't boot up now.

Shiddhant

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
I have windows 10 os installed in my laptop (upgraded to 8.1 single language or home), and i have sign insider preview program by microsoft account. after few weeks the insider preview build get expired and now my laptop won't boot up. how do i fix that issue without loosing my data. please help on this problem.

notlim981

Distinguished
They way you put it is a bit confusing but you can install Windows 10 SL or Home (depending on the key you have) without formating, that way Windows Insider version will be kept on the Windows.old folder and you'll be able to access your data. Please try to make backup a part of your routine.

Shiddhant

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016

after 15 day it won't boot up

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
he is right, insider builds don't "expire" like this. there is something else going on if your laptop won't boot up.

you can try a fresh windows install using the media creator wpg linked to above.

otherwise you're gonna have to go into a lot more detail as to when it started happening, what you were doing, anything you changed and so on if you want help troubleshooting. what error messages are you getting if any? what happens when you turn it on? does it post? and anything else yu can think to add to the mix. such as laptop model.....