Insignia DisplayPort to Hdmi Adapter

Apr 28, 2018
I just bought a DP to HDMI adapter from best buy and I got home plugged my HDMI cable to the adapter and my end of the graphics card, plugged the displayport into my monitor. At first I was getting no signal at all from anything. So I connected my Blue weird cable to my monitor and my pc. After that I got stuck in unknown resolution cause my display settings don't show anything, all of the boxes are greyed out. When I go to my amd control center it says it is in 1080p running 120hz. But it is clearly not. Ive tried re-plugging cables and messing around with the settings but I'm stuck in this resolution and my adapter doesn't work, All I wanted was 144hz because my graphics card does not have a display port. How Do I go back to 1080p with 144hz?

Solution
A DP to HDMI adapter would be DP on the video card to HDMI on the monitor, you can't go backwards with it.

What is this "blue cable" you are talking about? The VGA cable?

If you want to run at 144hz, look at your video card support site and see what you need to do.
A DP to HDMI adapter would be DP on the video card to HDMI on the monitor, you can't go backwards with it.

What is this "blue cable" you are talking about? The VGA cable?

If you want to run at 144hz, look at your video card support site and see what you need to do.

Solution

toshibitsu

Distinguished
The adapter may not be compatible with the 'hz' and/or resolution you are using. In order for the adapter to support 4k for instance, it needs to be a DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.1. You'd also need to verify if the adapter supports 144hz or just 60hz(it varies from adapter to adapter).

The majority of DisplayPort to HDMI adapters only support 1080p @ 60hz. That and most of the ones that do "4K" also only support 60hz.