Question Insignia TV picture intermittently stretching 200%

Mar 26, 2021
My Insignia TV (NS-55D420NA18) is doing some weird zoom / resolution thing. It zooms way in on whatever input device, cutting off more than half of the picture and making the resolution and color poor.

The TV will be working fine, and then this happens intermittently. It happens with all three of the HDMI inputs, with several different input devices (Switch, WiiU, Roku, BluRay). Because it happens intermittently, I am confident it isn't a settings issue (nothing changed between working fine vs broken).

I included two images below. The Roku symbol and the "No Signal..." menu should appear in the center of the screen. You can see they are at the bottom and getting cut off. You can also see the fuzziness around "Roku" caused by the funky resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

lX5C70i.jpg

TAFiKLN.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's oversized picture issues relating to Roku, zooming in during commercials etc, but shouldn't affect other hdmi inputs. Just in case, have you tried troubleshooting without Roku connected?

Other than that, something on the lines of it possibly being the module responsible for over scan is malfunctioning and TV repair shop would know what to fix.

Mar 26, 2021
There's oversized picture issues relating to Roku, zooming in during commercials etc, but shouldn't affect other hdmi inputs. Just in case, have you tried troubleshooting without Roku connected?

Other than that, something on the lines of it possibly being the module responsible for over scan is malfunctioning and TV repair shop would know what to fix.

Yes, I have tried without the Roku plugged in. I disconnected all other inputs and independently tried BluRay, Roku, Switch, etc. Thanks for the over scan module recommendation. That sounds likely.