Insp 7000 & XP install

Moi

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I'm trying to install XP on my Dell Insp. 7000, and halfway through the
driver install from the XP cd my laptop just stops! Has anybody seen
anything like this? Am I missing something???

Thanks in advance,

~Lee

David

What do you mean by "driver install" from the XP cd.
Drivers are normally installed from other cds or downloaded
files. Let us know.
Dave

I had a similar thing happen when installing a retail version of XPpro
on a i5000. IIRC I just rebooted and restarted the install and it all
worked fine. But, I may have also gotten the latest touchpad driver
from Synaptics, and I think I also used the Dell audio driver to
enable the keyboard audio control keys.

"Moi" <lvogtman@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install XP on my Dell Insp. 7000, and halfway through
> the driver install from the XP cd my laptop just stops! Has anybody
> seen anything like this? Am I missing something???

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

It will stall usually about the 13 minutes left to go mark for what seems
like an age but stick with it it will continue