inspiron 15r se 7520 need multiple tries to turn on

roshanrbb

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
hi

my laptop is having some problem starting up. I need to press the power button multiple time and when I press it, button lights up and fan turns but screen does not turns on and then button lights turns off.
I have to try several times until my laptop turns on finally.
but once the laptoo is on, I don't experience any errors or defects in performance at all.
but if I restart it, the same startup problem occurs even if I press restart from start menu. I have to sit and press the power button multiple times for several minutes until it turns on finally. (so I don't turn off my laptop. I just put it on sleep ) I am not sure what is causing the problem. my suspect is the power board.

I found this power button board that I am considering buying
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=13301

can you give me some suggestion please ?

Unkk

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
I've seen bad batteries cause this, but before you buy anything look at ebay, local Goodwill or other thrift stores for a used docking station for it. Try the power button on a docking station to see if it behaves better. If so, you know its the power button on the laptop. Used docking stations should be real cheap.

roshanrbb

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
looks like inspiron seriea laptop doesn't have the docking feature available, thet only have port replicators available without power button. :(
I had changed the cmos battery before, still same results.

roshanrbb

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
already tried turning on without battery, without hdd, without ram. all components looks good. and I still need to press multiple times to turn on to go to bios without hdd and without ram it gives the beep codes.
now I have ordere the power button board. I will try that I hope it will fix the issue
thanks fir the suggestion unkk

ess108

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

I had the same issue and had to replace the motherboard :(