Inspiron 3500: Power-up problems

Fellow Dell-Nuts,

I'm in the process of troubleshooting an Inspiron 3500 laptop
that, while perfectly OK in other regards, has problems powering up. It
often takes multiple presses of the power button to even get a response,
and when said response happens it only stays on for a few seconds before
shutting down again.

My first thought: Bad DC-DC board, and I have acted on that
assumption by tracking down a cheap replacement part on E-pay.

Thoughts from others who have troubleshot similar problems would
be welcome. In short: Is there anything else I should check for?

Thanks much.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"

this is how i have seen many 3500 end their life. it is likely a
motherboard issue with a replacement motherboard as the solution and not the
dc card. but before assuming the worst i would suggest simply removing the
memory modules and reinstalling them.

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

> Thoughts from others who have troubleshot similar problems would
> be welcome. In short: Is there anything else I should check for?

I have the same after installing new memory chips. And when memory slot was
broken. Did you upgrade your memory recently? Regards,

--
/\/\ichau, msmoczyk [malpka] wp [kropa] pl
http://www.nocnyrzepin.prv.pl