Inspiron 9100 Parts?

I just received a new Inspiron 9100. When I go the the parts section
of the Dell website, my Service Tag number is not recognized, and
there is no entry on the Inspiron pulldown menu for the model 9100 for
parts. Anyone have a pointer for 9100 parts and any explanation?

I want a second A/C adapter and maybe a DVD writer. Are they
compatible with other Inspiron models.

This thing is a beast, but what a great widescreen!

Just for info, I also purchased a Gateway 710XL desktop a few months
ago. The GW desktop was better in my opinion than the Dell offerings
for my purposes, but the Dell laptop (9100) better suited my needs. I
have to say, that so far, the GW phone support has been superior.

With GW, if you buy Prio Access, you have a dedicated phone number
where a human (good english speaker too) picks up. With Dell Prio
Support, you call the generic number and have to listen to the options
then enter a long number. Then there was still a long wait. FWIW.

Bob

A new model and a very recent purchase. Give it a few weeks and it will
recognize your service tag. Parts will be available soon after that.

<Not Likely> wrote in message
> I just received a new Inspiron 9100. When I go the the parts section
> of the Dell website, my Service Tag number is not recognized, and
> there is no entry on the Inspiron pulldown menu for the model 9100 for
> parts. Anyone have a pointer for 9100 parts and any explanation?
>
> I want a second A/C adapter and maybe a DVD writer. Are they
> compatible with other Inspiron models.
>
> This thing is a beast, but what a great widescreen!
>
> Just for info, I also purchased a Gateway 710XL desktop a few months
> ago. The GW desktop was better in my opinion than the Dell offerings
> for my purposes, but the Dell laptop (9100) better suited my needs. I
> have to say, that so far, the GW phone support has been superior.
>
> With GW, if you buy Prio Access, you have a dedicated phone number
> where a human (good english speaker too) picks up. With Dell Prio
> Support, you call the generic number and have to listen to the options
> then enter a long number. Then there was still a long wait. FWIW.
>
> Bob

But even when I select the product (Inspiron) instead of looking up my
Service Tag, the 9100 model isnt even listed (lots of other Inspiron
models show up)

Bob

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:19:52 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>A new model and a very recent purchase. Give it a few weeks and it will
>recognize your service tag. Parts will be available soon after that.
>
><Not Likely> wrote in message
>> I just received a new Inspiron 9100. When I go the the parts section
>> of the Dell website, my Service Tag number is not recognized, and
>> there is no entry on the Inspiron pulldown menu for the model 9100 for
>> parts. Anyone have a pointer for 9100 parts and any explanation?
>>
>> I want a second A/C adapter and maybe a DVD writer. Are they
>> compatible with other Inspiron models.
>>
>> This thing is a beast, but what a great widescreen!
>>
>> Just for info, I also purchased a Gateway 710XL desktop a few months
>> ago. The GW desktop was better in my opinion than the Dell offerings
>> for my purposes, but the Dell laptop (9100) better suited my needs. I
>> have to say, that so far, the GW phone support has been superior.
>>
>> With GW, if you buy Prio Access, you have a dedicated phone number
>> where a human (good english speaker too) picks up. With Dell Prio
>> Support, you call the generic number and have to listen to the options
>> then enter a long number. Then there was still a long wait. FWIW.
>>
>> Bob

right, it isn't there. however the model is on the support site (drivers
and documentation). call dell if you need an accessory or part right away.

<Not Likely> wrote in message
> But even when I select the product (Inspiron) instead of looking up my
> Service Tag, the 9100 model isnt even listed (lots of other Inspiron
> models show up)
>
> Bob
>

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:19:52 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >A new model and a very recent purchase. Give it a few weeks and it will
> >recognize your service tag. Parts will be available soon after that.
> >
> ><Not Likely> wrote in message
> >> I just received a new Inspiron 9100. When I go the the parts section
> >> of the Dell website, my Service Tag number is not recognized, and
> >> there is no entry on the Inspiron pulldown menu for the model 9100 for
> >> parts. Anyone have a pointer for 9100 parts and any explanation?
> >>
> >> I want a second A/C adapter and maybe a DVD writer. Are they
> >> compatible with other Inspiron models.
> >>
> >> This thing is a beast, but what a great widescreen!
> >>
> >> Just for info, I also purchased a Gateway 710XL desktop a few months
> >> ago. The GW desktop was better in my opinion than the Dell offerings
> >> for my purposes, but the Dell laptop (9100) better suited my needs. I
> >> have to say, that so far, the GW phone support has been superior.
> >>
> >> With GW, if you buy Prio Access, you have a dedicated phone number
> >> where a human (good english speaker too) picks up. With Dell Prio
> >> Support, you call the generic number and have to listen to the options
> >> then enter a long number. Then there was still a long wait. FWIW.
> >>
> >> Bob

clint

I just ordered my 9100, and an extra AC adapter at the same time. When it
gets here (this week or early next, I hope), I'll get you the Dell part
number.

Clint

<Not Likely> wrote in message
> I just received a new Inspiron 9100. When I go the the parts section
> of the Dell website, my Service Tag number is not recognized, and
> there is no entry on the Inspiron pulldown menu for the model 9100 for
> parts. Anyone have a pointer for 9100 parts and any explanation?
>
> I want a second A/C adapter and maybe a DVD writer. Are they
> compatible with other Inspiron models.
>
> This thing is a beast, but what a great widescreen!
>
> Just for info, I also purchased a Gateway 710XL desktop a few months
> ago. The GW desktop was better in my opinion than the Dell offerings
> for my purposes, but the Dell laptop (9100) better suited my needs. I
> have to say, that so far, the GW phone support has been superior.
>
> With GW, if you buy Prio Access, you have a dedicated phone number
> where a human (good english speaker too) picks up. With Dell Prio
> Support, you call the generic number and have to listen to the options
> then enter a long number. Then there was still a long wait. FWIW.
>
> Bob

clint

Got my AC adapter. Says DP/N: N3834, and I'm assuming that means Dell Part
Number. If I remember correctly, it was $95CAD. BTW, it didn't turn up in
a search on the Dell website.