[SOLVED] Instagram not loading on browser

ScreperisLT

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
Whenever I log in to Instagram with my Facebook account, I always just get a white screen with an Instagram logo in the center. I can't do anything and it doesn't load anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Photo : https://prnt.sc/20xjuud

Secret-Squirrel

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
A few more tests for you then:

1. Try a different web browser (such as Microsoft Edge).
  2. Disable your VPN if you use one.
  3. Turn your router off for a few minutes then turn it back on.
  4. Try logging into Instagram on a different device and/or someone else's device.

ScreperisLT

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
As a test, click the three little dots top-right, choose "New Incognito window", try Instagram in that new window then let me know how you got on.
I can now get to the site, but once I log in, the same screen appears. I got it working one time after a lot of refreshing the page, but now it just no longer works.

Secret-Squirrel

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
A few more tests for you then:

1. Try a different web browser (such as Microsoft Edge).
  2. Disable your VPN if you use one.
  3. Turn your router off for a few minutes then turn it back on.
  4. Try logging into Instagram on a different device and/or someone else's device.

Nov 29, 2021
I had to go and create an account just to join this thread: I'm also having an identical issue. I can change machines, browsers, everything, and still get the same result - just staring at the instagram logo, nothing loading. I'm worried it might be something locked to the account, but one things stands out - checking the network logs reveals a bunch of items trying to load, even in incognito, with nothing blocking them, but no actual responses.

The one thing that was able to briefly let me back in to the account was downloading the extension INSSIST for Chrome - this let me back into my account temporarily, but stops working after a little while. Uninstalling and reinstalling the extension seems to re-fix it temporarily, but it's frustrating that I'm so many workarounds deep just to try and send chat messages to friends that refuse to switch off of Instagram - especially forcing me to use an extension of dubious security (no shade to INSSIST, but I trust them about as much as I trust Instagram... and that's not that much). I'm at least contributing this here in the hope that it helps, however temporarily, for someone bashing "why isn't instagram for web working" into Google.

Who were you, DenverCoder9? WHAT DID YOU SEE?!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS