instal 8.1 on asus transformer

malcolmsmill

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
this is probably on here but I can't find it....

I have an asus t100taf transformer....
it runs win8.1 on the tablet.. has 32gb sdd and 128gb sd card in the tablet PLUS 500gb hdd in the dock

the tablet runs fine, with or without dock BUT there is no way to install and run "proper" programs and databases (not enough room to instal in ssd)

I therefore want to install a dual boot win8.1 on the hdd for use as a "standard" pc

I will split the hdd into 150gb o/s drive and 350gb "data" drive

any suggestions on how to split and install the o/s to the 150gb for dual boot (choice of boot to ssd win8.1 or hdd 8.1)

YES I know the hdd programs will only work when docked and not when the tablet is separated.

Solution

If you need a simple solution, you should NOT dual boot, rather you should just install the software you need on the second drive by changing the install location when prompted. The effect will be more or less the same, but much easier to do.

malcolmsmill

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
I obviously wasn't clear enough....

this is exactly what I want to do... install a 2nd o/s on the dock hdd and have the option of either running the o/s on the tablet ssd OR on the docked tablet from the dock hdd.

my question is HOW.... in enough detail for a numpty idiot to follow

I have been "in" computers since the 70s but now take so much medication that I find simple logical thought to be impossible.... its frustrating for a former programmer and chip designer not to be able to work it out for himself (me)

malcolm

If you need a simple solution, you should NOT dual boot, rather you should just install the software you need on the second drive by changing the install location when prompted. The effect will be more or less the same, but much easier to do.

Solution