Question Install 2nd SSD capacity states 500mb instead of 500GB

Dec 23, 2019
Hi
I’m really hoping someone can help me. I’m a complete novice. I bought a WD 500gb SSD to install in sons gaming pc as he didn’t have enough storage left on his samsung 250 SSD.
I thought it had worked fine as found it in disk management and named it E drive but when he went to install fortnite says not enough storage. I rechecked and it’s saying only 500mb capacity instead of the 500gb should have.
My question is have I just completely messed up install? Me and my son changed graphics card before and this wasbreally simple and went fine. I’m wondering if it’s my fault or dodgy SSD bought it from Amazon.
Any helps appreciate as I’ve said I’m a novice being harassed by a teenager to sort out his PC!

karpule

Great
Dec 23, 2019
could range from allocating a drive letter to a recovery partition instead of the main one all the way to you got conned by the seller. can you post a screenshot (or photo) of the drive management screen?

Dec 23, 2019
Thanks for your reply, by luck my brother came down for a visit today and he’s had a good look for me and thinks there is a problem with the SSD so I will be returning to Amazon.
I’d be grateful for your opinion on if the WD Blue SSD is a decent one to buy or would you recommend a different SSD ?
Thanks

karpule

Great
Dec 23, 2019
ive only ever bought ssds from 2 brands. one was from toshiba and its dead after about a year, the other 5 are crucial. all 5 still in use after god knows how long. you cant really go wrong with crucial for anything really.