Install AMD driver, restarted and windows has "lost" all my added software

Mysticgraystar

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332, 500 gb HD, 2 gb RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I've spent the past 24 hours reinstalling drivers because I had to do a format and reinstall of Win.

The last two driver's I installed (blue tooth and AMD A6 Vision) installed fine and then I had to restart my computer. I restarted, then LEFT THE ROOM. When I came back my computer read: "startup cannot repair corrupt file Problem Signature: 07 corrupt file" . I restarted the computer, again, then it completed some Windows updates and hung a few minutes at "Windows startup". I let it sit, then it came around and started fine-only to start to a BLANK version of my OS!

I LOST all the programs and drivers I had installed! I DO have all of my backup points (System Restore), with the last one being where I installed Bluetooth. Problem is, when is used "scan for affected programs" it stated that ALL of the programs and drivers I had installed prior to that save point "might not work correctly after restore and might need to be reinstalled"!!!

Any way to get around having to spending time reinstalling EVERYTHING and just "find" where the darn programs have disappeared to?

Mysticgraystar

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
That is correct. The control panel programs shows only MSE and one Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver.

I restarted, which led to a Windows update. Upon restart, it updated operations (#6744), then configured before returning to an "empty" Windows.

In the unusual, my Bluetooth driver is still there! However, my 5 other updated drivers are missing (3.0 USB, SM Bus Controller, wireless driver, and an unknown device)!!!!

Thoughts? Should I go ahead and try to restore to an earlier date? (remarkably, they are still there.)