[SOLVED] Install an M.2 NVMe SSD in HP Pavilion 15" AMD A10

budikusasi

Honorable
Mar 17, 2017
How to install a NVMe SSD in HP Pavilion 15" AMD A10 beatsaudio?
Would there be a M.2 readily available slot/connector/socket and enough space?

Solution
Yep, no M.2 support. And honestly, that's probably ok anyhow. Yes, the small footprint is nice for desktop systems or very small devices, but for a laptop, there isn't a lot of gains to performance from an M.2 drive anyhow, because the random read and write speeds are about on part with most SATA SSDs anyway. Sequential, much faster, but how often are you going to be transferring a 4GB file to another M.2 drive. Likely the answer is never, so you would never see those speeds anyway.

I'd just stick to something like the Crucial MX series, Samsung 850 or 860 EVO, SK Hynix Gold, Western digital blue, many of the Seagate SSD models or even some of the Intel or Sandisk higher end offerings. I'd pay close attention and look at reviews to...
Yep, no M.2 support. And honestly, that's probably ok anyhow. Yes, the small footprint is nice for desktop systems or very small devices, but for a laptop, there isn't a lot of gains to performance from an M.2 drive anyhow, because the random read and write speeds are about on part with most SATA SSDs anyway. Sequential, much faster, but how often are you going to be transferring a 4GB file to another M.2 drive. Likely the answer is never, so you would never see those speeds anyway.

I'd just stick to something like the Crucial MX series, Samsung 850 or 860 EVO, SK Hynix Gold, Western digital blue, many of the Seagate SSD models or even some of the Intel or Sandisk higher end offerings. I'd pay close attention and look at reviews to avoid any of the budget DRAMless SSD models and I'd also recommend avoiding any SSD using QLC NAND as it doesn't have as good of longevity as models using TLC 3D NAND.

Last edited:
Solution