Install Card

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to install
the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
through the BIOS screen
Thanks.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

JI wrote:

> I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
> Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
> graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to install
> the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
> through the BIOS screen
> Thanks.
>
>

If one was even supplied, check the manual for a jumper to disable
onboard video. At the very least there should be something to set the
primary VGA to AGP/PCI instead of Onboard/PCI, etc.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Thanks.
I changed the agp to pci but nothing seemed to change. I still can't get the
video to come on with the new card. there is no setting in the cmos to turn
off on board, integrated video. Any other ideas?
"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
news:2l90mvFactr6U2@uni-berlin.de...
> JI wrote:
>
> > I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
> > Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
> > graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to
install
> > the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
> > through the BIOS screen
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
>
> If one was even supplied, check the manual for a jumper to disable
> onboard video. At the very least there should be something to set the
> primary VGA to AGP/PCI instead of Onboard/PCI, etc.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

JI wrote:

> Thanks.
> I changed the agp to pci but nothing seemed to change. I still can't get the
> video to come on with the new card. there is no setting in the cmos to turn
> off on board, integrated video. Any other ideas?
> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> news:2l90mvFactr6U2@uni-berlin.de...
>
>>JI wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
>>>Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
>>>graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to
>
> install
>
>>>the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
>>>through the BIOS screen
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>If one was even supplied, check the manual for a jumper to disable
>>onboard video. At the very least there should be something to set the
>>primary VGA to AGP/PCI instead of Onboard/PCI, etc.
>
>
>

I found a BIOS update listed here:

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/support-pcchips-bios.asp#478

It was hard as hell to find though. The only thing I found was about
switching the Primary VGA to PCI on their other models, however I found
next to nothing on your board anywhere. In fact, this thread was the
first thing that turned up.

You might end up getting a cheap new MicroATX board to fit whatever you
have. Anything supporting a P4 without any onboard video should do
fine. Check Newegg.com. You'll probably spend about 60.00 USD.

Outside of reinstalling Windows, you should be able to keep all your
other hardware.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:3GHHc.223917$Gx4.33221@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
> Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
> graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to install
> the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
> through the BIOS screen
> Thanks.

Does the PC Chip PC you have come with a manual? Check if there is a jumper
to disable onboard VGA. It seem like your BIOS do not a feature or option
disable.

If either BIOS or jumper available to disable the onbard VGA, then you SOL.
You next option is to get another MoBo without VGA onboard. Or continue
using that PC Chip MoBo without the new video card.

CapFusion,...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Thanks.

But why would there be a AGP slot if an "external" card is not an option?
"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message
news:6r2dnSKyLaG-bW_dRVn-jA@megapath.net...
>
> "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> news:3GHHc.223917$Gx4.33221@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
> > Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
> > graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to
install
> > the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
> > through the BIOS screen
> > Thanks.
>
> Does the PC Chip PC you have come with a manual? Check if there is a
jumper
> to disable onboard VGA. It seem like your BIOS do not a feature or option
> disable.
>
> If either BIOS or jumper available to disable the onbard VGA, then you
SOL.
> You next option is to get another MoBo without VGA onboard. Or continue
> using that PC Chip MoBo without the new video card.
>
> CapFusion,...
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Some motherboards will detect automatically, could be a jumper or a setting in
the bios to disable on board video.
I believe if the motherboard detects automatically you still need to disable
the on board video in device manager in Windows.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:AwFIc.87717$OB3.4216@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Thanks.
>
> But why would there be a AGP slot if an "external" card is not an option?

That is very good and valid question.
In MoBo point of view, when there another display card detect, the onboard
should auto disable. This may not alway the case if there another VGA card.

The only workaround is to use a PCI card and see if it will detect and
disable onboard.
Or make sure the PCI is set to start first or initialize first from the BIOS
or jumper.
This may not alway work but sometime it does.
Check if there a new BIOS update for your mainboard.

CapFusion,...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040712200458.25600.00001777@mb-m29.aol.com...
> Some motherboards will detect automatically, could be a jumper or a
setting in
> the bios to disable on board video.
> I believe if the motherboard detects automatically you still need to
disable
> the on board video in device manager in Windows.

When mainboard disable something, Device Manager will not show or indicate
there a device.

CapFusion,...