Install corsair h100iv2 into corsair 540 case air flow

Vonderburk

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
I am installing a corsair h100iv2 into a corsair 540. Should i top mount the radiator or front mount? I have seen most to be top mounted but in the directions the say to turn the fans to pull in cold air which seems strange if this is top mounted the only exhaust would be out the back of the pc?

i have 3 fans mounted in the front of the pc now pull in cold air and 2 exhaust fans on top to blow the hot air out the top so any setup recommendation with the radiator would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Solution
The reason that they recommend using it as an intake are two-fold.

The first reason is to ensure that the liquid in the cooler stays at a low temperature. This marginally improves reliability on CLCs, but the difference is not very significant.

The second reason is that it gives you lower temperatures, and if you have it installed as an exhaust and get higher temperatures than expected, they have something to blame.

Neither reason outweighs the disadvantages of setting it up like this, though. You end up with hot air blowing across your storage devices in most cases, as well as all other components as it moves through the case.

I recommend setting it up as an exhaust at the top of the case. You'll have marginally higher temps at the...
The reason that they recommend using it as an intake are two-fold.

The first reason is to ensure that the liquid in the cooler stays at a low temperature. This marginally improves reliability on CLCs, but the difference is not very significant.

The second reason is that it gives you lower temperatures, and if you have it installed as an exhaust and get higher temperatures than expected, they have something to blame.

Neither reason outweighs the disadvantages of setting it up like this, though. You end up with hot air blowing across your storage devices in most cases, as well as all other components as it moves through the case.

I recommend setting it up as an exhaust at the top of the case. You'll have marginally higher temps at the CPU, but lower temps on every other component.

Solution