Install Error 0x80300024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin__23

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
I am trying to install the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview build (64-Bit) on my secondary HDD. I have Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit) installed on an SSD. I have a 1 TB Seagate HDD that I use to store games. I made a new 146GB partition on that HDD where I want to install W10. Each time I try I get the error 0x80300024. I've tried reformatting, I've tried a smaller partition that left extra space on the hard drive, etc. I'm installing using a bootable USB 3.0 flashdrive.

Solution
Hello Austin__23

It looks like there is some problem with the partition creation. In the earlier release, Windows 10 Technical Preview used to create a System Reserved partition of 350 MB (same as that of Windows 8.1).

If you are planning to install Windows 10 for a dual-boot environment, make sure that you have that System Reserved partition present in your hard drive.

This link contains the information that many users found useful. Even though the poster of the thread in the link focuses on the clean install of Windows 10, you can try creating a partition for Windows 10 using the DISKPART command as guided and then try installing the operating system again.

Let me know if this helps and feel free to revert back...
Hello Austin__23

It looks like there is some problem with the partition creation. In the earlier release, Windows 10 Technical Preview used to create a System Reserved partition of 350 MB (same as that of Windows 8.1).

If you are planning to install Windows 10 for a dual-boot environment, make sure that you have that System Reserved partition present in your hard drive.

This link contains the information that many users found useful. Even though the poster of the thread in the link focuses on the clean install of Windows 10, you can try creating a partition for Windows 10 using the DISKPART command as guided and then try installing the operating system again.

Let me know if this helps and feel free to revert back if more assistance is needed. Good Luck!! :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS