Install for all users

I bought a program which needs to be installed for all users to function
properly.

When I run the install program the "Install for All Users" option is greyed
out.

I have full administrative rights on the computer. I also logged in as the
administrator and it does not work.

Any help would be good

Denis Jobin wrote:
> I bought a program which needs to be installed for all users to function
> properly.
>
> When I run the install program the "Install for All Users" option is greyed
> out.
>
> I have full administrative rights on the computer. I also logged in as the
> administrator and it does not work.
>
> Any help would be good

Contact the manufacturer of the application; it's apparently not been
properly coded.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Malke

Denis Jobin wrote:
> I bought a program which needs to be installed for all users to function
> properly.
>
> When I run the install program the "Install for All Users" option is greyed
> out.
>
> I have full administrative rights on the computer. I also logged in as the
> administrator and it does not work.
>
> Any help would be good

What did the program's tech support people say? That is the first place
to look for help with their software. Since you didn't mention the name
of the program, anyone reading your post who might have had the same
problem and know the solution can't help you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

I have been in contact with a technician at the company that has created the
program. After trying many options, he ran out of ideas.

I was successful in installing the program on an other computer, so there is
something on mine that is not right.

I doubt anyone would know about the program. It is not yet sold to the
public.

"Malke" <notrealemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Denis Jobin wrote:
>> I bought a program which needs to be installed for all users to function
>> properly.
>>
>> When I run the install program the "Install for All Users" option is
>> greyed out.
>>
>> I have full administrative rights on the computer. I also logged in as
>> the administrator and it does not work.
>>
>> Any help would be good
> What did the program's tech support people say? That is the first place to
> look for help with their software. Since you didn't mention the name of
> the program, anyone reading your post who might have had the same problem
> and know the solution can't help you.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

Denis Jobin wrote:
> I have been in contact with a technician at the company that has created the
> program. After trying many options, he ran out of ideas.
>
> I was successful in installing the program on an other computer, so there is
> something on mine that is not right.
>
> I doubt anyone would know about the program. It is not yet sold to the
> public.

Then I'm sorry, but it is unlikely that you will find an answer by
posting in a newsgroup. If the mystery program works on another machine,
you'll need to figure out what is different on yours. It could be any
combination of hardware and software that causes the issue. Only someone
able to actually see both machines might possibly be able to figure it out.

Good luck,

Malke
--

"Denis Jobin" <denis.jobin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I bought a program which needs to be installed for all users to function
>properly.
>
> When I run the install program the "Install for All Users" option is
> greyed out.
>
> I have full administrative rights on the computer. I also logged in as the
> administrator and it does not work.
>
> Any help would be good

Usually the only difference between installing for one user and for all
users is where it puts the icons in the Start Menu/desktop

Try installing it under one user name, and then copy (don't move, due to the
way permissions work) the icons/Start menu folder from \documents and
settings\*username\ to \documents and settings\all users

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP