Install HDD without its appropriate screws

Aug 24, 2018
I have a HP Z200 WorkStation (which I bought second-hand). I'm trying to replace its HDD, but I don't find the appropriate screws (which are, to my best knowledge, quite special, and there should be plenty of them on the case. Mine has none in those slots, though). The old HDD was installed in a really sloppy fashion (with pieces of sponge, diagonal-faced screws, etc.).

The screws I should have (again, to my best knowledge) are ones that will fit into the sides slots of HDD drive, with huge round heads so that once they're tightened to the drive, I can slide the drive into its slot and it will make a "snap" sound.

Now I don't have them, and I think my chance to find them anywhere is very slim. Does anyone have a suggestion how to install my HDD safely in the case? A technician suggested using zip tie to fix it to the case, but I'm a little nervous about this.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I've use zip ties. They work.

You can mount the drive however you want....but try to keep it at 90 degrees (as in....don't run it slanted).

AND....

the most important thing is...to keep the electronics isolated.

Sometimes I tape a piece of cardboard over the circuit board on the bottom of the drive.

I've use zip ties. They work.

You can mount the drive however you want....but try to keep it at 90 degrees (as in....don't run it slanted).

AND....

the most important thing is...to keep the electronics isolated.

Sometimes I tape a piece of cardboard over the circuit board on the bottom of the drive.

Solution
Aug 24, 2018

Thanks for the help. Should I mount the drive electronics side up or down?

Aug 24, 2018

Thanks for the link. I'm in Vietnam, though, so purchasing these off amazon is out of the question for me :)

Aug 24, 2018

Thanks for the tip. I'm asking because if I mount the electronics down it would touch the metal frame. Now I think I know what to do.