Question Install help! - NZXT N7 mobo not recognizing new M.2 SSD

Dec 28, 2019
Hello!

I am looking for help in getting my new SSD rolling. I have installed it onto my mobo, but it is not being seen in the Bios or in the disk manager etc. in windows.

Specs:
  • NZXT N7 Z370
  • Samsung 500 GB Sata SSD (the main partition and only current drive - running windows 10 install, etc)
New drive trying to install:
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2 SSD
I am running an older version of the Bios from what is currently out - but hoping to avoid updating due to being nervous at losing whats already set up and functioning beautifully. I just want to install this new drive since my current SSD is all full and I want more storage. I went into bios and swapped to ACHI in advanced settings, did a search for new hardware in windows, and tried to find the drive in disk manager to set up a new partition- unfortunately, no luck. Both slot and ssd are PCIe. Not sure what else to do from here. I contacted NZXT and samsung, but both are closed for the weekend and Im antsy to get it working.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
You're a life saver - was such a simple thing to try and I didnt even think of doing it. lol. Thank you! Its all formatted and working now - just didn't like the initial slot I used for some reason.

Dec 28, 2019
Yea, I'm curious about that as well. It might be disabled due to being shared with PCIE- but I can futz around with it and see if I can find where ti enable it in hardware settings. I got it working for now though, so that's future me's problem I guess :joycat: