install missing in context menu

Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf Install
in the context menu. does anyone know it?

You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
site:
www.dougknox.com

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
> Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went to
that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it this
time.

--
Sussertown

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

> You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
> site:
> www.dougknox.com
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
>> Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

Well, I thought that would work, but it didn't. I have it working on another
machine and I thought that this fix was the one that fixed it. But on my
master machine, even with a reboot, there still is no install on the context
menu.

--

"Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went to
> that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it
> this time.
>
> --
> Sussertown

> "Eliminate annoying spam!
> My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
>
> http://www.ihatespam.net

>> You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
>> site:
>> www.dougknox.com
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>> Someone once led me to a site with a patch to repair the missing inf
>>> Install in the context menu. does anyone know it?

Sussertown,

This was the fix I was referring to:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_inf_assoc.zip

Once merged to the registry, see if this key is created/present:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\inffile\shell\Install\command

Click Start/Run and type REGEDIT to launch Registry Editor.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Well, I thought that would work, but it didn't. I have it working on
> another machine and I thought that this fix was the one that fixed it. But
> on my master machine, even with a reboot, there still is no install on the
> context menu.
>
> --
> Sussertown

> "Eliminate annoying spam!
> My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
>
> http://www.ihatespam.net
>

> "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Yep, that was it. Thank you. I looked through all my favorites and went
>> to that site a couple of times and could not find the fix. But I found it
>> this time.
>>
>> --
>> Sussertown

>> "Eliminate annoying spam!
>> My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
>>
>> http://www.ihatespam.net
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> You'll need the .INF association fix, that you can download from Doug's
>>> site:
>>> www.dougknox.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP