[SOLVED] Install Vista on Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro-CF

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro-CF - When i try installing vista from dvd or usb using rufus, it fails. I have intel rst premium switched to achi mode but after booting from vista install i get bsod.

How to get vista to get installed on with using rst premium?

I think i need drivers to slipstream using vlite but can someone provide a working link to the latest and needed achi/other driver?

Same with Xp. I want xp and vista to dual boot but install xp pro x64 first however i think i need sata achi drivers and this is my achi/sata controller : INTEL 300 SERIES CHIPSET FAMILY SATA ACHI CONTROLLER. Can anyone find me suitable driver for this chipset to get working with xp install. I dont have a floppy drive or external one and i know you can slipstream using ntlite

Solution
X299 UD4 Pro
  • Operating System
    1. Support for Windows 10 64-bit
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X299-UD4-Pro-rev-10/sp#sp

Vista CPU Support:
Intel Pentium up to Sandy/Ivy Bridge G series processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i3 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i5 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i7 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro-CF - When i try installing vista from dvd or usb using rufus, it fails. I have intel rst premium switched to achi mode but after booting from vista install i get bsod.

How to get vista to get installed on with using rst premium?

I think i need drivers to slipstream using vlite but can someone provide a working link to the latest and needed achi/other driver?

Same with Xp. I want xp and vista to dual boot but install xp pro x64 first however i think i need sata achi drivers and this is my achi/sata controller : INTEL 300 SERIES CHIPSET FAMILY SATA ACHI CONTROLLER. Can anyone find me suitable driver for this chipset to get working with xp install. I dont have a floppy drive or external one and i know you can slipstream using ntlite

X299 UD4 Pro
  • Operating System
    1. Support for Windows 10 64-bit
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X299-UD4-Pro-rev-10/sp#sp

Vista CPU Support:
Intel Pentium up to Sandy/Ivy Bridge G series processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i3 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i5 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Intel Core i7 *all models up to 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors; Haswell and later do not properly work with Vista.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS