Question Install Win 10 on old IMac HELP

Peeko910

Commendable
May 26, 2020
So I’m trying to install Windows 10 on my IMac (24” 2011 with i5 4 Cores, 8gb ram, 0,5 gb vram) but I couldn’t do it. The iMac is 1 year off the minimum requirements for using boot camp (minimum is 2012 iMac) and I tried to follow a tutorial but at the end while trying to install it says that the file to install windows can’t be read (install.wim). Can anyone link a tutorial that really works or help me figure it out? Thanks

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
The SIP system was introduced with El Capitan and reinforced with Mojave, so in theory High Sierra should have the same principal elements as El Capitan and a not-so-changed configuration. Though you'd be better off asking this to someone that knows Mac systems better.

Jun 21, 2020
So I’m trying to install Windows 10 on my IMac (24” 2011 with i5 4 Cores, 8gb ram, 0,5 gb vram) but I couldn’t do it. The iMac is 1 year off the minimum requirements for using boot camp (minimum is 2012 iMac) and I tried to follow a tutorial but at the end while trying to install it says that the file to install windows can’t be read (install.wim). Can anyone link a tutorial that really works or help me figure it out? Thanks

Same issues here.... go ahead and use stock Boot camp method to install Windows 7. Boot into windows 7, and upgrade To 10. It works but like other threads here, audio doesn’t work. My iMac is 2007! But runs just fine. Other recommendation is try Ubuntu ...also works great, free software all around, not so much gaming.... good luck.