install win 10 on unlocated space on SSD

JOLO14

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
Hello, i want to ask you. I just build brand new computer, and tried to instal win 10 64bit. I followed instruction and get to the point when you select disk partition where u want to instal windows. There were listed my SSD as 240 gb unlocated space. On some forums i read, that on that screen i should chose option "New" and it will automaticly create 4 difrerent partition like recovery, primary etc. And i should instal win on that primary partition. BUT i didnt do that, and instal windows on unlocated space. My question is, did windows create those 4 partition automaticly no matter what or i just fuk up? btw i didnt format ssd ...

Thanks

Solution
In short, as long as Windows got installed and you can boot, you did nothing wrong. In fact, additional partitions are probably already created, just do what rgd1101 guy said, check control panel --> administrative tools --> computer management --> disk management.
In short, as long as Windows got installed and you can boot, you did nothing wrong. In fact, additional partitions are probably already created, just do what rgd1101 guy said, check control panel --> administrative tools --> computer management --> disk management.

Solution