Install window10 on AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2020
Can i install window10 (64bit) on my old laptop?
Software will use :
  1. Zoom, google meet, skype and teams
  2. Chrome/Microsoft edge
  3. Microsoft Office 2019/2016
Questions :
  1. What is the maximum resolution can i play on youtube.
  2. The three list on software can i encounter lag?
  3. What is the maximums Ghz overclocking on my 1.3ghz, if applicable

CPU: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphic 1.30 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6300 series Graphics
RAM: 4 GB
Ssd: 240 GB

Wolfshadw

Titan
Go to your laptop's support page. If there are Windows 10 drivers available for it, then you should be able to update to Windows 10. If not, then you may still be able to, but I would not recommend it.

-Wolf sends

1. Couldn't say. Probably 480p maybe 720p.
  2. Those APU are horribly slow. They are slower than a old low end Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 x2. They were bad when new. I can't imagine them handling stuff like Zoom, Google Meet, &c very well. I'd expect, you'll encounter a lot of lag.
  3. Not applicable

You can get a used laptop off eBay for under a $150 with a 2nd or 3rd gen Core i5 in fine working condition. Which will run circles around that AMD. If you do some searching you can probably find a 1st/2nd gen i5 laptop for under $100.

It sounds like you'll be using this for work. Something faster is a sound investment.

Sep 3, 2020
Go to your laptop's support page. If there are Windows 10 drivers available for it, then you should be able to update to Windows 10. If not, then you may still be able to, but I would not recommend it.

-Wolf sends
There is windows 10 drivers support on my laptop. Can you explain why you are not recommend it?

Sep 3, 2020
  1. Couldn't say. Probably 480p maybe 720p.
  2. Those APU are horribly slow. They are slower than a old low end Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 x2. They were bad when new. I can't imagine them handling stuff like Zoom, Google Meet, &c very well. I'd expect, you'll encounter a lot of lag.
  3. Not applicable
You can get a used laptop off eBay for under a $150 with a 2nd or 3rd gen Core i5 in fine working condition. Which will run circles around that AMD. If you do some searching you can probably find a 1st/2nd gen i5 laptop for under $100.

It sounds like you'll be using this for work. Something faster is a sound investment.
I will use it for my online school

Dec 29, 2021
tbh im using one right now and windows 10 runs horably slow on it and iv tried windows 7 and you cant even go onto the internet unless you have drivers on your other pc to put on there but the problem is that this laptop is not very great in any means iv had a older pc from 2007 and it makes this laptop look like a joke the thing is that this was supposed to be a laptop that you buy once its broke you thow away and not look at it again in other words i would reconmend windows 8.1 it runs ok or if you want the best it can give you try a linux distro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts